Emergency Medicine Jobs in Kentucky
Saturday · February 16, 2019
1 Job in The Bluegrass State
Photo: Traditional white-fenced Kentucky horse farm.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- There are excellent school systems and an abundance of recreational opportunities.
- WVU Urgent Care has two locations in Morgantown and offers both clinical and teaching experiences.
- St. Joseph's Hospital is located in the central WV college town of Buckhannon where clinical opportunities and medical student mentoring are available.
- West Virginia University School of Medicine announces outstanding opportunities for open rank Emergency Medicine physicians.
- The Department of Emergency Medicine has over 45 full-time faculty members across four diverse practice sites.
- The ED at Ruby Memorial Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center, Primary Stroke Center, and regional tertiary care center, which provides comprehensive emergency care to the sick and injured of West Virginia and neighboring states.
- Community ED physicians enjoy a new state of the art hospital while practicing in a bedside teaching environment with the EM residents.
- Emergency Medicine Job in Morgantown, WV.
- It is the academic base of a fully accredited residency program that offers nine slots per year.
- The Department of Emergency Medicine is also actively building a network of ED practice sites throughout the state of West Virginia working in partnership with local community hospitals and health systems.
- Clinical practice sites include Ruby Memorial Hospital (~48,000 visits/year), United Hospital Center (~57, Joseph's Buckhannon (~23,500 visits/year), and two urgent care/student health facilities (47,000 visits/year).
- United Hospital Center is located 25 miles south of Morgantown in Bridgeport.
- Responsibilities will include providing excellent patient care as well as teaching medical students and emergency medicine residents.
- Faculty rank and salary will be commensurate with credentials.
- Candidates must have completed an accredited emergency medicine residency program.
- This will create multiple additional career opportunities for Emergency Medicine physicians looking for a variety of clinical experiences anchored by an academic affiliation to WVU's School of Medicine.
- Opportunities exist to participate in clinical and translational research.
- Qualified applicants must have an MD, MD/PhD or DO degree (the employer accepts foreign educational equivalent) and be eligible to obtain an unrestricted West Virginia medical license.
- North Central WV offers culturally diverse, large-city amenities in a safe, family-like setting.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago